5-18. CHARGING THE REFRIGERANT SYSTEM. - continued
Never introduce liquid refrigerant into the low pressure (suction) charging valve.
(11) If charge is low, carefully add refrigerant.
(12) Set refrigerant cylinder to deliver gas only.
Never introduce high discharge pressure into a refrigerant cylinder. This can
cause the cylinder to rupture and injure personnel.
(13) Check that pressure gauge valve is closed.
(14) Open compound gauge and charge valves.
(15) Continue to charge until sight glass remains clear and bubble-free for 15 minutes.
(16) Close compound gauge, charge, and refrigerant cylinder valves.
(17) Turn rotary MODE selector switch to OFF/RESET.