Serious injury can result in breathing fumes of dry cleaning solvent P-D-680, Type
III. Serious injury or death can result from explosion of fumes from solvent. When
using this solvent:
Clean parts in a well ventilated area.
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning
solvent. Wash exposed skin thoroughly.
Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100 F
to 138 F (38 C to 59 C).
Wear eye protection when blowing solvent from parts. Air pressure should not
exceed 30 psig (2.1 kg/cm ).
(1) Clean all metallic parts with a clean soft cloth or a medium bristle brush, and cleaning solvent. Be sure that
all gasket adhesive residue is removed if gasket material is being replaced.
(2) Allow parts to dry.
(1) Repair access panel by straightening any bent metal.
(2) If access panel damage is extensive, replace panel.
(3) If gasket material was removed, replace gasket material. Cut bulk lengths of new gasket material to match
the lengths of the old gasket material.
(1) Put new gasket (4) onto access panel (2) if gasket was removed.
(2) Install access panel (2) and eight screws (1) onto air conditioner (3).
Figure 3-7. Access Panel.