4.48 INSIDE BLOWER MOTOR REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Marker Tags (qty 7)
Crimp Nuts (qty 5)
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect main power cable from power source.
The FDECU cover is heavy. Be sure the cover retaining rod is in place and
properly secured with hair pin cotter. Injury can occur if cover drops.
(3) Remove four screws (1) and flat washers (2). Carefully pull inside blower motor cover (3) out as far as wire leads
(4) Tag four wire leads at inside blower motor connection points then cut off and discard three crimp nuts (4) to
disconnect three power leads. Remove screw (5), lock washer (6), and flat washer (7) to disconnect the fourth,
(5) Remove locking nut (8) then pull cable (9) with strain relief fitting (10) out of inside blower motor cover (3). Install
locking nut to retain sealing washer (11).
(7) Remove four screws (12), flat washers (13), and inside blower motor (14).