(22) Install bolt (11), washer (10), and nut (9) in ride level valve linkage (12).
(23) Secure ride level valve linkage (12) to ride level valve body (14) with cable ties.
(24) Repeat Steps (21) through (23) for remaining three wheels.
When loading on to a C-130, vehicle must be lined up with aircraft entrance before deflating tires to
required pressure. Do not deflate tire pressure below 23 psi (159 kPa). Do not make any sharp turns,
and keep vehicle speed below 2 mph (2.5 km/h). Failure to comply may result serious injury or death
and/or damage to equipment.
(25) Deflate all tires (Para 3-17), including spare tire, to achieve maximum height of 102 in. (2 590 mm).
APPROVED HEARING PROTECTION MUST BE WORN by operator and any personnel within
22 ft. (7 m) of an IHMEE at high idle or within 12 ft. (4 m) of an IHMEE at low idle. Personnel
hearing can be PERMANENTLY DAMAGED if exposed to constant high noise levels of
85 dB (A) or greater. Personnel exposed to high noise levels shall participate in a hearing
conservation program in accordance with DA PAM 40-501. Hearing loss occurs gradually but
becomes permanent over time. Failure to comply may cause impairment or loss of hearing.
Hot parts can burn personnel. Let hot parts cool before starting work.
(26) Using adjustable wrench, loosen nut (15) on
clamp (16) at the top of the muffler.
Ensure that muffler opening is not left exposed to
rain after removing exhaust stack. Failure to
comply may allow rain to enter the exhaust
system, resulting in damage to equipment.
(27) Remove exhaust stack (17).
(28) Stow exhaust stack, tow hitch, backhoe travel
stop, radio antenna and base in cab.
Always use a ground guide to ensure that no part of the IHMEE contacts the aircraft, and do not
exceed 2 mph (2.5 km/h) during loading. Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
(30) Ensure FEL bucket is at least 24 in. (610 mm) above the ground. Drive IHMEE into C-130, ensuring that no part
of the IHMEE contacts the aircraft.