shut-off float. After about 2025 seconds flow should stop
Bonding of the semitrailer to aircraft and
while refueling shall be mandatory, regard-
When tank is full, flow should stop automati-
less of the amount of fuel to be dispensed,
the fuel nozzle ground wire to the aircraft be-
(13) Close precheck valve D to the CLOSED
fore bringing nozzle In contact with the air-
position. Fuel flow will resume in about 20 seconds.
(14) At end of operation, release deadman control
(6) Unreel static reel cable and connect first to
S and adjust engine to idle speed (1000-1200 rpm).
grounding stud, then to aircraft.
Rewind the deadman control hose.
(15) First remove the defueling hose from aircraft,
then remove the hose ground wire. Disconnect the
reel and unreel to full length. Remove the dust capon the
bottom load adapter and connect single point nozzle to
defueling hose from inlet C. Replace the dust cap to outlet
bottom load adapter. Open single point nozzle by turning
handle on side of the nozzle.
(16) Close the single point nozzle and disconnect
the nozzle from the bottom load adapter. Replace dust
(8) The defueling hose will be provided at
caps on single point nozzle and bottom load adapter.
operation site. Remove dust cap from outlet C and
connect defueling hose to inlet. Nest connect the hose.
hose reel lock.
Make sure valve E is closed and remains
closed during entire operation.
(19) Close all valves and shut off engine
Reset the meter to zero by pushing in reset knob (fig. 2-15)
and turning clockwise.
(10) Set engine throttle at desired flow rate
DO NOT let go of the static reel cable when
rewinding until the ball stop is firmly touching
the reel. Failure to follow this warning may
(11) Unreel deadman control S. Squeeze the
cause injury to personnel.
trigger on deadman control to start fuel flow. Meter inlet
pressure gage (fig. 2-15) should be indicating a minimum
(20) Disconnect the ground connection first from
of 25 psi. If a minimum of 25 psi is not indicated, shutdown
the aircraft, then from the grounding stud. Rewind the
operation and contact unit maintenance.
static reel cable.
Hose reel cabinet door is heavy-use two
hands when opening and closing. Use
When filling tank by means of defueling, a test
latches to lock door. Do not slam.
of the precheck system is mandatory. If this
system is not functioning, stop all operations.
(21) Close hose reel cabinet door and latch it in
Determine the problem and have it corrected
by a qualified technician. Failure of automatic
shut-off to function may result in uncontrolled
(22) Store and cover fire extinguishers.
fuel spillage and danger of fire and explosion.
Defueling Operation With 1-inch Hose. This
operation is used to remove fuel from an aircraft. The fuel
(12) Shortly after flow has begun, turn precheck
is pumped from the aircraft through a filter/separator, a
valve D to (he OPEN position to precheck the automatic