F-4. SPECIAL INFORMATION (Con't).
(4) CAGEC column The Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code (C) Is a 5-digit
alphanumeric code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the
(5) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means
of its engineering drawings, specifications standards and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of
F-5. SPECIAL INFORMATION.
a. Usable On Code. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column
heading. Not Applicable.
b. Fabrication Instructions . Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk
Materiel Functional Group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk materials are also referenced in the
DESCRIPTION column of the line item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated. Detailed fabrication
instructions for items source coded to be manufactured or fabricated are found in Appendix G of this manual.
c. Assembly Instructions . Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled
from component spare/repair parts are found in Chapters 4 and 5. Items that make up the assembly are listed
immediately following the assembly item entry or reference is made to an applicable figure.
d. Kits. Line item entries for repair parts kits appear in group 9401 in Section II.
e. Index Numbers. Items which have the word BULK in the FIG. column will have an index number
shown in the item column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock Number/Part
F-6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number Is Not Known :
(1) First. Using the Table of Contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to
which the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly
groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the Figure and Item Number Index to find the
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number Is Known :
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number or Part Number Index, find the pertinent National Stock
Number or Part Number. The NON Index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence [see
sequence (see paragraph F-4.b). Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration/figure and item number of
the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you're looking for,
then locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.