ENGINEERING ADJUSTMENT SUMMARY
Welder Jaw Alignment -- con't.
5. The final jaw alignment cannot be finished until all of the steps in this Adjustment Summary have
been completed. Only then can a weld be made that is suitable for alignment purposes.
FINAL JAW GAP
The final jaw gap shall be .075" with the weld lever fully depressed. It is
set in the following manner:
1. Loosen the lockscrew (Item 1, Fig. 4) that holds the movable jaw to the slide rod.
2. Place a .075" gage between the jaws. The jaws must hold the gage in place.
3. Push the slide rod toward the fixed jaw until the shoulder of its milled flat contacts the slide rod stop
4. Tighten the lockscrew (Item 1, Fig. 4) and lock the jam nut on it.
5. Re-check the final jaw gap dimension.
JAW GAP AT ELECTRICAL CUT-OFF
The jaw gap at the electrical cut-off shall be .140". Adjust the electrical
cut-off in the following manner, with the power :'OFF":
1. Connect a continuity meter to the wires on the cut-off switch.
2. Place a .140" gage between the jaws. The jaws must hold the gage in place.
3. Turn the adjustment screw (Item 4, Fig. 4) as required to just break the circuit with .140" gap. (CW
reduces the gap; CCW increases the gap.)
Prepared by: Roger Harris