a. Install panel (6) and secure with eight captive screws (5).
b. Close power box assembly cover (4) and turn three latches (3) to secure.
c. Carefully slide electrical assembly (2) into frame. Be sure no cables or wires are pinched. Secure with eight
captive screws (1).
Section IV. UNIT MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
4.14 FRAME COVER ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Tiedown Straps (qty 2)
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
The FDECU cover is heavy. Be sure the cover retaining rod is in place and
properly secured with hair pin cotter. Injury can occur if cover drops.
(3) Cut and discard two tiedown straps (1) securing outside blower motor cable.
(4) Disconnect cap (2) and plug (3).
(5) Remove nut (4), lock washer (5), flat washer (6), ground lead (7), and flat washer (8). Discard lock washer.
(6) Lower cover per paragraph 4.2 but do not secure front latch hinges.
(7) Release rear latch hinges (9) then using two personnel carefully lift cover (10) from unit.