4.32 LARGE OVERLOAD RELAY (K6) REPLACEMENT (FDECU-2 AND FDECU-3 ONLY).
THIS TASK COVERS:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Lock Washers (qty 4)
Marker Tags (qty 5)
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect main power cable from power source.
(2) Loosen eight captive screws (1) and carefully pull the electrical assembly (2) out.
(3) Turn to release three latches (3) and open power box assembly cover (4).
(4) Tag and disconnect three wire leads (5) from power distribution block (6) and pull them out of large
overload relay (7).
(5) Tag and disconnect two wire leads (8) from large overload relay (7).
(6) Remove four screws (9), lock washers (10), flat washers (11), and large overload relay (7). Discard lock
(1) Install large overload relay (7) and align mounting holes. Secure with four flat washers (11), new lock
washers (10), and screws (9). Place the amperage dial (12) to 44 and push reset button (13).
(2) Connect two wire leads (8) to large overload relay (7) per tags and wiring diagram figure 4-14. Remove
(3) Pass three wire leads (5) through large overload relay (7) and connect to power distribution bloc k (6) per
(4) Close power box assembly cover (4) and turn three latches (3) to secure.
(5) Carefully slide electrical assembly (2) into frame. Be sure no cables or wires are pinched. Secure with
eight captive screws (1).
(6) Connect FDECU main power cable to power source and operate per paragraph 2.4.
4-80 Change 1