4.34 MAGNETIC PROXIMITY SWITCH (S1) REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Marker Tags (qty 2)
Lock Washers (qty 2)
Tiedown Straps (qty 3)
Splices (qty 2)
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
The FDECU cover is heavy. Be sure the cover retaining rod is in place and
properly secured with hair pin cotter. Injury can occur if cover drops.
(3) Cut and remove three tiedow n straps (1) securing magnetic proximity switch (2) leads. Discard tiedown
(4) Tag the magnetic proximity switch (2) leads at connection points then cut off and discard two splices (3) to
(5) Remove two nuts (4), lock washers (5), flat washers (6), screws (7), flat washers (8), and magnetic
proximity switch (2). Discard lock washers.
(1) Install magnetic proximity switch (2) and align mounting holes. Secure with two flat washers (8), screws (7),
flat washers (6), new lock washers (5), and nuts (4).
(3) Secure magnetic proximity switch (2) leads with three tiedown straps (1). Cut to remove excess tiedown