LIGHT EMITTING DIODES (FDECU-2 DS4 THRU DS6) (UNITS AFTER FDECU-2 DS5 AND DS6)
THIS TASK COVERS:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Marker Tags (qty 2)
Insulation Sleeving (qty 2)
Tiedown Straps (qty 2)
Lock Washers (qty 16)
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
(2) Loosen eight captive screws (1) and carefully pull the electrical assembly (2) out.
(3) Support control box panel (3) and remove 16 screws (4), lock washers (5), and flat washers (6). Carefully
pull control box panel away as far as wire leads will allow. Discard lock washers.
(4) Cut and remove two tiedown straps (7) securing light emitting diode (8) leads. Discard tiedown straps.
(5) Tag and cut light emitting diode (8) leads at solder connections. Remove and discard insulation sleeving
(9) pieces from wire lead ends.
(6) Remove nut (10) and light emitting diode (8) with sealing washer (11).
(1) Be sure sealing washer (11) is on light emitting diode (8) then install light emitting diode and secure using
(2) Slide one piece of insulation sleeving (9) over each light emitting diode (8) lead. Connect leads using tags
each connection and heat to shrink in place using heat gun. Remove tags.
(3) Secure light emitting diode (8) leads with two tiedown straps (7). Cut to remove excess tiedown strap
(4) Carefully position control box panel (3) in place and align mounting holes. Be sure no wires are pinched.
Secure with 16 flat washers (6), new lock washers (5), and screws (4).
(5) Carefully slide electrical assembly (2) into frame. Be sure no cables or wires are pinched. Secure with
eight captive screws (1).
4-108 Change 1