4-19. GLOW PLUG - CONTINUED
TESTING GLOW PLUG
1. Connect wire (2) to glow plug (4) and secure with nut
2. Connect power plug to control panel. Hold the glow
plug against side of heat exchanger (7).
The glow plug element can get hot enough to
Keep hands away from blower fan blade.
Blower will energize in 15 seconds after switch is
turned on and could injure personnel.
3. Turn on heater and verify that glow plug heats. Turn
off heater and disconnect power plug.
4. Remove nut (1) and wire (2) from glow plug (4).
5. Replace glow plug if it does not heat.
Install glow plug (4) with gasket (5) in burner head (6).
Connect wire (2) to glow plug and secure with nut (1).
TESTING INSTALLED GLOW PLUG
1. Connect the power plug and open fuel supply to heater.
Figure 4-15. Replacing Glow Plug.