Do not force the release lever into the latched position. Forcing the release lever will
result in failure of the retainer clamp.
6. Push the release lever (figure 2, item 2) in the LATCHED direction until the release lever locks behind the
safety catch (figure 2, item 1). It may be necessary to gently tap the circumference of the retainer clamp
(figure 2, item 3) with a hammer during this process. This tapping will aid in seating the retainer clamp and
will ease latching of the release lever.
7. CLOSE the upper ball valve (figure 1, item 2) and vent valve (figure 1, item 1).
8. Perform the Follow-On Service procedure at the end of this work package.
DRAINING WATER AND PARTICULATES FROM THE SUMP
1. OPEN the vent valve (figure 4, item 1).
2. Place a suitable drain pan beneath the drain valve (figure 4, item 2).
Figure 4. Draining the Sump