g. Operation of A-Frame Kit.
(1) General. The tubular A-frame
mounted to front bumper lifting brackets
has a cable on top of the A-frame, which is
attached to the inverted pintle hook at
vehicle rear to maintain the A-frame at a 60
angle. The A-frame and front winch permit
lifting heavy, bulky items.
(2) Attach A-frame (5) to front lifting
brackets (6) and secure in place with cable
assembly (7) so A-frame will maintain a 60
angle, as shown.
(3) Hook a sheave assembly (1) to
apex spreader tube (2).
(4) Pay out front winch cable (3) as
(5) Open sheave assembly (1) and
place winch cable (3) over roller. Then close
(6) Hook winch cable chain (4)
around midsection of front bumper and take
up slack in winch cable (3).
Do not rewind winch cable (3) too tightly, or bumper will bend and frame side rails
will buckle. Front winch may also be damaged.
(7) Maneuver vehicle into position for operation. Be careful that A-frame does not come
into contact with wires, cables, tree limbs or other overhead obstructions.
Vehicle will become charged with electricity if A-frame contacts or breaks high
voltage overhead electrical wire. Do not leave vehicle while high voltage wile is in
contact with A-flame or vehicle, or serious personnel injury my result. Signal
nearby personnel to turn OFF electrical power before leaving vehicle.
(8) Park vehicle and set handbrake.
(9) Attach winch cable to load. Operate front winch to raise, lower or hold load. See