TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
2-9. COUPLING SEMITRAILER TO TOWING VEHICLE (cont)
22. To check air springs, first build up air pressure to
65 psi (448.2 k pa).
23. Visually inspect for air spring inflation.
24. Check to see that semitrailer is level when air
springs are fully inflated.
25. Stow wheel chocks and raise landing gear legs.
26. Tow semitrailer at operating speeds.
27. Note any irregularities in leveling.
28. Park towing vehicle and shut down engine. Air
springs should slowly deflate in a level condition.
2-10. TOWING THE SEMITRAILER
1. When driving towing vehicle and semitrailer, the overall length of the unit must be kept in mind when passing other
vehicles and when turning.
2. Because the unit is hinged in the middle, turning and backing are also affected.
3. The semitrailer's payload will affect stopping and off road maneuverability.
1. When turning corners, allow for the fact that the semitrailer wheels turn inside the turning radius of the towing
2. To make a right turn at a road intersection, drive towing vehicle about half way into the intersection and then cut
sharply to the right.
3. This will allow for the shorter turning radius of the semitrailer and will keep it off the curb.