TM -9-2330-373-14 & P
2-22. REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION OF SPARE WHEEL AND TIRE (cont)
Hold wrench firmly when pawl is released; wheel can drop fast and cause injury.
5. Wire rope
6. Pick-up member
1. Working from curbside of semitrailer, use wheel nut wrench (1) and remove two special wheel nuts (7) which
secure wheel to upper member (4).
2. Wheel and lower pick-up member (6) are held in place by wire rope (5).
3. Position wheel nut wrench (1) on the nut at outer end of ratchet wheel (3) on which wire rope is wound.
4. Release pawl (2) from ratchet and turn wrench counterclockwise, thus lowering wheel.
5. Continue turning counterclockwise until wheel rests on ground.
6. Slip pick-up member (6) out of wheel hole.