TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
HUB AND BRAKE DRUM (cont)
Cleaning solvent, used to clean parts, is potentially dangerous to
personnel and property. Do not use near open flame or excessive
heat. Flash point of solvent is 138F (58.8C).
1. Clean all parts with cleaning solvent (item 3, appendix E).
2. Dry all parts thoroughly.
INSPECTION AND REPLACEMENT
1. Inspect hub (21) carefully for cracks or other
indication of damage.
2. Inspect inside diameter of brake drum (11) for
out-of-round or excessive scoring.
3. Lightly oil rollers of tapered roller bearing (7) and
rotate by hand to test for tightness. Replace if
there is evidence of scarring, pitting or excessive
4. Inspect encased oil seal (10) to make sure
contact material is intact and pliable.
5. Inspect threads on wheel studs in hub, in bearing
adjusting nuts, and wheel cap nuts. Replace if
threads are damaged.
INSTALLATION OF BRAKE DRUM ON HUB
1. Position hub (21) on back front brake drive (12)
and secure with six ribbed-shoulder bolts (13).
12. Back front brake drive
13. Ribbed shoulder bolts