TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
HUB AND BRAKE DRUM (cont)
INSTALLATION OF BRAKE DRUM ON HUB (cont)
2. Position brake drum (11) on back front brake
drive (12) and secure with 18 ribbed neck bolts
(18), washers (19) and nuts (20).
Back front brake drive
Ribbed neck bolt
INSTALLATION OF HUB AND BRAKE DRUM ASSEMBLY ON AXLE
1. Replace oil sleeve spacer (17) if it has been
2. Press or carefully tap oil seal (10) into place,
using a block of wood. Do not hammer directly
3. Pack inner tapered roller bearing (7) with grease
and install on axle spindle, adjacent to oil seal
(10), with large outside diameter of bearing
toward oil seal. Tap bearing gently, if necessary,
with a brass drift.
4. Slide hub and drum assembly on axle spindle,
being careful not to damage seal (10).
5. Pack outer tapered roller bearing (7) with grease
and insert with small outside diameter of bearing
over spindle and into hub.
6. Install inner adjusting nut (5), but do not tighten.