TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
4-38. DOORS (cont).
REMOVAL OF BOLT SLIDE FASTENERS AND
1. Remove screws (14) and washers (15) securing
upper and lower locking rods (4 and 11) to bolt
slide fasteners (13).
2. Remove four bolts (6), spacers (12), washers (7)
and nuts (8) securing each bolt slide fastener
(13). Remove bolt slide fasteners.
Upper locking rod
Lower locking rod
Bolt slide fastener
INSPECTION AND REPAIR
1. Inspect parts for cracks, bends, excessive wear and deterioration. Replace defective parts.
2. Straighten locking rods to assure proper alinement in upper and lower bolt slide fasteners.
3. Straighten bends or dents in bolt slide fastener covers that may cause binding.
4. Check lock for ease of operation; lubricate as
required in accordance with lubrication
instructions, using grease fitting on handle lock
5. With door locked from outside, remove pin (2),
turn handle (1) and note if door opens easily.
6. Clean and paint if necessary.
7. Replace defective or damaged parts.