(33) Lift two front tiedown chains (23) and attach to two front lower towing lugs (18), on front of payload, using two
(34) Remove curbside payload chock (20) from front of payload track.
(35) Winch operator must winch payload forward until front tiedown chains are tight and payload road wheels
firmly make contact with front payload chocks (24).
(36) Install curbside rear payload chock (20) and streetside rear payload chock (19) against rear of payload to
(37) Perform step (41) of paragraph 2-26a to secure/tiedown payload on platform.
(38) Winch operator must pay out slack in winch cable (11) until cable sags to bottom of gooseneck weldment to
Failure to extend safety rail while attaching or removing payload winch cable may
cause injury to personnel.
(38.1) Unlatch and extend gooseneck safety rail.
Extreme caution must be used when removing winch cable from payload. Cable
may be under tension or twisted. If winch cable has tension when removed, slowly
and carefully, using both hands, rotate cable to relieve tension. Do not allow cable
to twist or whip freely or injury to personnel may result.
(39) Disconnect winch cable (11) and shackle (9) from payload.