2-28. SINGLE WINCH LOADING AND UNLOADING (U.S.M.C. ONLY) (CONT)
Failure to retract and latch gooseneck safety rail before operating tractor/trailer will
result in damage to equipment.
(39.1) Retract and latch gooseneck safety rail.
(40) Install snatch block (2) onto platform. Install bolt (7), nut (6), and pin (5) to secure snatch block (2) onto
(41) Remove linch pin (14) and keeper pin (15) and open snatch block (2).
(42) Place loop end of manila rope (1) into pulley on snatch block (2). Close snatch block (2) and re-install keeper
pin (15) and secure with linch pin (14).
(43) Place snatch block (2) in stowage position on platform and install stow clamp (4). Secure clamp by tightening
clamp handle (3).
(44) Perform steps (42) thru (48) of paragraph 2-26a to stow equipment, raise load ramps, and raise support legs.
2-178 Change 1