4-12 EVAPORATOR ACCESS
This task Covers:
Tool kit refrigeration SVC
Riveter, blind hand
General Safety Instructions
Insulation (TM 9-4120-398-24P)
Voltages used can kill. Always
Gasket (TM 9-4120-398-24P)
disconnect power cord to air conditioner
before performing any internal
maintenance. Shutting unit off at its
control panel does not disconnect
Dry cleaning solvent (Federal Specification
P-D-680) used to clean parts is potentially
dangerous to personnel and property.
Do not use near open flame or excessive heat.
Flash point of solvent is 100 F to 138F
(38 C to 59C).
(1) Loosen four turnlock fasteners (1), and open the door.
(2) Remove five blind rivets (2) holding the door hinge to the frame.
(1) Inspect the door for general condition and proper operation.
(2) Repair by straightening bends and dents. Replace if necessary.
(3) To replace gasket or insulation:
(a) Remove as much old gasket or insulation material as possible by pulling or scraping it away from the