(4) Secure temperature sensor (4) leads with tiedown strap (3). Cut to remove excess tiedown strap material.
(5) Assemble remote box (2) halves being sure that no wire leads are pinched.
Secure with four captive
LIGHT EMITTING DIODES (FDECU-2 DS1 THRU DS3) (UNITS AFTER FDECU-2 DS2 AND DS3)
THIS TASK COVERS:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Marker Tags (qty 2)
Insulation Sleeving (qty 2)
Tiedown Straps (qty 2)
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
(2) Loosen four captive screws (1) then separate remote box (2) halves and lay it open being careful not to
damage wire leads.
(3) Cut and remove two tiedown straps (3) securing light emitting diode (4) leads. Discard tiedown straps.
(4) Tag and cut light emitting diode (4) leads at solder connections. Remove and discard insulation sleeving
(5) pieces from wire lead ends.
(5) Remove nut (6), loc k washer (7), light emitting diode (4) and sealing washer (8).
(1) Be sure sealing washer (8) is on light emitting diode (4) then install light emitting diode and secure using
lock washer (7) and nut (6).
(2) Slide one piece of insulation sleeving (5) over each light emitting diode (4) lead. Connect leads using tags
each connection and heat to shrink in place using heat gun. Remove tags.
(3) Secure light emitting diode (4) leads with two tiedown straps (3). Cut to remove excess tiedown strap
Change 1 4-93