2-7. Mine, Antitank: HE, Heavy, M15, with
Fuze, Mine, AT, M603 and Activator, AT,
Mine: M1 or with Fuze, Mine: M624
a. Casualty Effect and Danger Area.
(1) Mine is intended for use against heavy tanks and
other heavy tracked and wheeled vehicles.
(2) Mine will disable tank by breaking tracks and road
wheels or other parts of the suspension system.
(3) Blast effect of the HE contained in the mine can be
lethal and cause casualties.
b. Sympathetic Detonation.
(1) When buried 1 to 2 inches underground, sympa-
thetic detonation will not occur when mines are at least 5
M603, and activator M1.
(2) When fuze is flush with ground, sympathetic deto-
nation will not occur when mines are at least 8 feet apart.
arming plug by turning plug counterclockwise;
(3) When laid on top of ground, sympathetic detona-
remove plug from mine.
tion will not occur when mines are at least 14 feet apart.
c. Laying and Arming with Fuze, Mine M603.
DO NOT CARRY THIS MINE BY THE
HANDLE. THE HANDLE MAY OPEN UP
AND THE MINE WILL FALL OFF.
examine mine for dents, cracks, or other damage.
If mine is damaged, set it aside and remove another
(3) Examine fuze well for foreign matter. If present,
remove. Water in fuze well can result in duds in
areas where temperature falls below freezing (fig.
(4) Assure booster retainer is seated in fuze well. If