(9) Remove circuit breaker (12), preheater
(6) Install wiring harness (5), and secure with
(7) Correctly connect all leads in the junction box
(10) If damaged, remove screw (23) and clip (24)
in accordance with the tag designations. Remove tags.
from junction box (11).
(8) Close cover and secure with screws.
(9) Connect negative battery cable to battery
(1) If removed, install clip (24) and screw (23) to
junction box (11).
(2) Install circuit breaker (12) onto mounting
plate (8) with two screws (13), preheater solenoid (14) with
two screws (15) and nuts (16), and terminal strip (17) with
When troubleshooting an electrical malfunc-
two screws (18) and two nuts (19).
tion or performing electrical maintenance,
(3) Install junction box (11) on bracket (22) with
ALWAYS disconnect Intervehicular electrical
two capscrews (9) and nuts (10).
cable from semitrailer, and negative battery
cables at batteries. Failure to follow this warn-
(4) Install mounting plate (8) in junction box (11)
ing may create a spark and explosion, result-
and secure with four screws (6) and washers (7).
ing in serious Injury or death to personnel.
(5) Insert cable assemblies with connectors (1) in
junction box holes and secure with cable connector
for physical damage. Check that electrical leads to
manifold heaters are clean and secure.