INSERT-TYPE SAW GUIDE ADJUSTMENT
(1) Select guide blocks and inserts set marked for band
(1) Open band wheel doors.
Relax band tension.
width. Place right insert in milled slot. Tighten
Remove post band guard. Loosen left saw guide
screw lightly so insert will slide in slot and hold its
proper position when released. See Fig. 7.
(2) Unlock saw slot bar located below table front edge.
Move bar away from saw slot.
(3) Place band carefully over wheels and between saw
guide inserts. Band center should center on wheel's
crown face. Apply proper band tension. Tighten
saw guide inserts.
(4) Move table slot bar back into pos ition and lock. Re-
install post band guard and close wheel doors.
(1) Open band wheel doors. Remove post band guard
and unlock saw slot cover. Move bar so that it does
not cover saw slot. Release band tension.
(2) Loosen saw guide inserts and carefully remove
band. Slip band from wheels.
FIG. 7. POSITIONING RIGHT INSERT. UPPER
GUIDE BLOCK SHOWN.
(2) Select insert gage matching saw band. Place in
Band tension is applied by turning handwheel located
slot. Adjust insert to fit exactly into gage notched
below saw head. Tighten band to tension indicated on
end. Tighten insert screw. See Fig. 7.
scale to right of handwheel. Correct tensions are given for
bands 1/8-inch (3.2 mm) to 1 inch (25 mm). See Fig. 9.
Scale figures are recommended tensions. They are
based on most commonly used gages and pitches.
Reduce recommended tension when using bands with
coarser pitch or lighter gage. Increase tension when
using heavier bands.
FIG. 8. POSITIONING LEFT INSERT. UPPER GUIDE
(3) Place left insert in slot. Tighten screw lightly. Place
gage edgewise between both inserts. Lower insert
until it rests against gage. Tighten screw. See Fig. 8.
BAND SPEEDS OF 1300 FPM (390
m/min) FOR PRODUCTION SAWING,
OR UP TO 5000 FPM (1500 m/min) FOR
FIG. 9. BAND TENSION AND POST CONTROLS.
OCCASIONAL SAWING, USE ROLLER
GUIDES FOR CONTINUOUS SAWING
OVER 1300 FPM (390 m/min).