Install a new fIlter-drier in accordance with the following instructions:
a. Install a new filter-drier in the bandclamp in such away that the direction-of-flow arrow will point up when
b. Install the falter-drier and band clamp in the air conditioner, and secure with the screw removed previously.
Check again to be sure that the direction-of-flow arrow is pointing up.
Connect refrigerant tubing to the flare fittings on the top and bottom of the filter-drier.
e. Install the juncticm box as directed below:
Connect the two wiring harness plugs to the proper receptacles on the back of the junction box.
(2) Attach the junction box to the mounting brackets in the air conditioner with two panel fastener screws in
(3) Insert the in of the circuit breaker cable in the hole in the connector plate, and slide the core end
fitting over the end of the cable. Tighten the setscrew to retain cable in place temporarily.
(4) Place two loopclamps on the reset cable sheath, and attach them to the junction box with two screws.
Leave at least 114 inch of sheath extending below the lower loop clamp.
(5) Adjust the core end fitting to provide 0.12-0.25 inch (3-6mm) clearance between the connector plate
and the core end fitting when the circuit breaker handle is down and the reset cable is fully extended. Bend 0.12-0.25 inch
of the end of the cable 90 degrees.
f. Install the control panel assembly in accordance with the following instructions:
(1) Uncoil the temperature control thermostat capiliary tube, and lead the sensor bulb through the hole in the
grommet in the floor of the air intake chamber as you position the control panel assembly on the junction box.
(2) Secure the control panel to the junction box with four screws through the corners of the mounting flange.
Secure the thermostat sensor bulb to the wall of the air intake chamber with a loop clamp and screw.
g. Replace panels and grilles as follows :
(1) Install air filter in retainer and spring clip, then install the air intake grille on the front of the air condition-
er. secure by turning six cam-lock studs clockwise.
(2) Install the lower panel, and secure with the two panel fastener screws in the upper edge.
h. Evacuate and charge the air conditiouer as directed in paragraphs 5.25 and 5.26.
j. Remove gauges. and replace caps on service valves. Install fresh air screen, and secure with five screws.
Section X. SIGHT-GLASS LIQUID INDICATOR
5.56. Description (See figure 2-1).
The sight-glass liquid indicator is a circular sealed window in the liquid side of the system between the liquid line
solenoid valve and the evaporator coil expansion valve. The indicator is located on the rear surface of the air conditioner,
below the pressure cutout switches.