d. Remove the control panel assembly and the junction box
in accordance with paragraph 5.53.
of dry nitrogen
to the discharge service valve, and initiate
a 1-2 cfm (0.1-0.2 M/min)
flow through the system.
f. Debraze the two tubing joints at the pressure regulating valve, and remove the valve.
Install the pressure regulating valve in the air conditioner as follows:
Connect tubing ends to the valve, and braze in place. Wrap valve in wet cloths to act as a heat sink.
a new filter-drier, and
complete the assembly
of the air conditioner
in paragraph 5.55.
5.66. Description (See figure 5-8).
The pressure relief valve is a conventional spring-loaded relief valve. located on a tee fitting just below the filter-drier.
The relief valve is preset at 54054 psi (383.8 kg/cm). The valve is equipped with 1/4 - 18 NPTF Dryseal pipe threads
so that it can be screwed into the tee.
Obtain access to the pressure relief valve and the be refrigeration service valves in accordance with the folbwing
Unscrew two panel fastener screws from the upper edge of the lower panel, and remove the panel.
b. Remove the air intake grille by turning six camlock studs counter-clockwise to release the grille. Remove
two screws from the filter retaining strip and remove the strip and filter.
c. Remove five screws from the fresh air screen, and remove the screen.
d. Remove the control panel assembly by disconnecting the wiring harness plug from the left end of the control
(1) Remove four screws from the corners of the mounting flange.
(2) Remove the screw and loop clamp securing the temperature control thermostat sensor bulb to the wall of
the air intake chamber.
(3) Carefully lead the sensor bulb and capillary tube out through the grommet and hole while with-drawing
the control panel assembly from the air conditioner.
e. Remove the junction box from the air conditioner as follows:
(1) Loosen the setscrew in the nd of the core end fitting. Straighten the end of the circuit breaker reset cable,
and remove the amend fitting.
(2) Remove the two screws and loop clamps securing the circuit breaker reset cable to the junction box, and
withdraw the reset cable from the actuator arm connecting plate.
(3) Unscrew two panel fastener screws from the mounting flanges on each end of the junction box.