5-15. CONDENSER COIL MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, Service Refrigeration Unit,
Recovery and Recycling Unit, Refrigerant,
II, Item 10
Refer to TM 9-4120-408-24P for part numbers
of items to be replaced.
Manifold Gage, Charging and Testing,
General Safety Instructions
Do not work on equipment without
following standard shop safety precautions..
Dehydrator must be replaced every time the air conditioner lines are exposed to the atmosphere.
Failure to obey this caution may result in equipment damage.
(1) Clean debris, dirt or other obstructions from condenser coil (Figure 5-10, 1) .
(2) Using fin comb, straighten any bent fine on condenser coil (1).
(1) Disconnect cap of cap and chain (2).
(2) Remove bulkhead locking nut (3), split ring (4), cap and chain (2), bulkhead locking nut (5), and preformed
packing (6). Discard preformed packing (6).
(3) Remove sixteen screws (7), lock washers (8), and flat washers (9). Discard lock washers (8).