4.27 POWER BOX ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT - CONTINUED.
(3) Loosen eight captive screws (1) and carefully pull the electrical assembly (2) out.
(4) Turn to release three latches (3) and open power box assembly cover (4).
(5) Remove two screws (5) and compressor cover (6).
(6) Remove four screws (7) and flat washers (8). Carefully pull inside blower motor cover (9) out as far as wire
leads will allow.
(10) Tag wire leads then cut two each caps (10) with contacts (11) off heater cable leads and discard.
(11) Remove locking nuts (12) then pull cables (13) with strain relief fittings (14) out. Install locking nuts to retain
sealing washers (15).
(12) Loosen compression nuts (16) then slide strain relief fittings (14) off cables (13). Pull cables through
lanyard (17) then slide strain relief fittings onto cables far enough to leave one inch of the cables extending
from the strain relief fittings and tighten compression nuts.
(13) Cut and discard three tiedown straps (18) securing outside blower motor cable.
(14) Tag and disconnect cap (19) with contacts (20).
(15) Remove nut (21), lock washer (22), flat washer (23), ground lead (24), and flat washer (25). Discard lock
(16) Tag four wire leads at inside blower motor connection points then cut off and discard three crimp nuts (26)
to disconnect three leads. Remove screw (27), lock washer (28), and flat washer (29) to disconnect the
fourth, ground, lead. Retain lock washer for use during installation.
(17) Remove locking nut '(30) then pull cable (31) with strain relief fitting (32) out of inside blow er motor. Install
locking nut to retain sealing washer (33).
(18) Tag wire leads attached to compressor ground stud then remove nut (34), lock washer (35), and flat washer
(36) to disconnect them. Discard lock washer.
(19) Tag the two wire leads attac hed to compressor high temperature cutout (36) and disconnect from
(20) Tag three wire leads connected to compressor input power terminals then remove three screws (37), lock
washers (38), and flat washers (39) to disconnect them.
(21) Remove locking nut (40) then pull cable (41) with strain relief fitting (42) out of compressor. Install locking
nut to retain sealing washer (43).
(22) Locate the two cables inside the compressor that go to reversing valve (44) (L1) and (FDECU-2 ONLY)
crankcase heater (45) (HR1). Tag the leads at these connection points then cut off and discard five crimp
nuts (46) to disconnect leads. Locate the cable that went to the compressor high temperature cutout (47)
(S6) then pull these three cables out of the compressor.
(23) Remove screw (48), lock washer (49), and flat washer (50) to disconnect power box assembly ground strap
(51) from frame. Discard lock washer.