2-15. OPERATION OF ACCESSORY EQUIPMENT- Continued.
(1) Move holding dog release lever to the front of winch.
(2) Rotate the handwheel and pull up on the anchor, until it is above the bow. If necessary use ratchet lever
extension to raise anchor.
(3) Swing the davit around and secure it to the anchor shackle.
(4) Lift anchor with the davit and swing davit around, until the anchor is over its mounting block.
(5) Lower the anchor onto its mounting blocks. Disconnect the winch and davit from the anchor.
(6) Secure anchor to its mounting blocks.
(7) Swing davit to its stowed position and wind up and stow the winch line and hook
Figure 2-8. Retracting Anchor.
c. Hand Bilge Pump.
(1) Drainage of vessel is necessary at certain times, especially during heavy weather. Two hand operated bilge
pumps are mounted on the main deck. Both are connected by piping to suction strainers in the bottom of the
(2) Insert bar into socket on pump.
(3) Rock bar backward and forward.
If gasoline or any other cargo product is pumped, or if the cargo product is mixed with the pumped water it
must be discharged into a container. Dispose of the contents of the container in a suitable, safe manner