of Expansible Van
General. Expansible win trucks covered in this manual are equipped with a body designed
for side expansion from 98 to 167 inches. The body is equipped with a heating and cooling
system and provisions to connect to an external source of power. Some are equipped with a
3,000 pound capacity power lift gate.
Do not walk on van roof. The roof is not designed to support any additional weight
and will be damaged.
Whenever possible, select level ground for the operating site. If necessary, fill in low
areas with used building material, sand, dirt, or other suitable materials.
Always block wheels of truck if selected site is on a glade, no matter bow slight.
Leveling Van Body.
(1) Remove foul leveling lacks (3).
e i g h t jack spikes (5), four fool plates (4),
and four jack handles (2) from stowage
cornpartment at rear of truck.
(2) Attach foot plate (4) to lower end
of each leveling jack (3).
(3) Adjust leveling jacks to desired
length by removing pin (6) and sliding jack
ends apart. Aline jack pin boles and insert
(4) Insert upper end of leveling jacks
(3) in jack pockets (1) at foul corners of van
(5) Insert lack handles (2) in jack
adjusting screw hole in each leveling jack.
(6) Use jack handle (2) to turn out adjusting screw until each foot plate (4) is in firm
contact with ground.
(7) Be sure that each jack is in a vertical position and adjust if necessary; then anchor
each foot plate with two jack spikes (5).
(8) Operate each leveling jack, as required, until van floor is level.
Do not attempt to raise van clear of ground with leveling jacks.