TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
AIR HALF-COUPLING (cont)
INSPECTION AND REPLACEMENT
1. Inspect half-coupling body for damaged threads
or cracks. Replace coupling if damaged.
2. Inspect packing ring for excessive wear and
INSTALLATION OF PACKING RING
1. Clean groove in coupling from which packing
ring was removed.
2. Partially collapse ring with fingers and insert one
side of ring flange in groove.
3. Push ring into place. Face of ring must lie flat,
with no twist or bulge.
1. Screw threads of half-coupling over externally threaded fitting of connector and tighten until an airtight seal is
2. Make sure face of coupling is vertical and toward left side of semitrailer.
HOSE, TUBING AND FITTINGS (AIR AND HYDRAULIC)
THIS TASK COVERS
Removal of hydraulic hose
5. Brakes will not release
Installation of hydraulic hose
6. No brakes or weak brakes
Removal of tube fitting
Installation of tube fitting
Splicing nonmetallic tubing
Test Equipment Required:
Hydraulic and air tubing and fittings are not ordinarily removed except for replacement. Refer to page 4-74 for air system
schematic and page 4-75 for hydraulic system schematic.