TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
AIR RESERVOIR (cont)
DRAIN COCK LEAKAGE TEST (cont)
3. Leakage due to dirt accumulation can be corrected by cleaning and applying sealer tape (item 15, appendix E) on
the drain cock threads before assembly.
4. Leakage due to a damaged part requires replacement of the drain cock.
REMOVAL OF DRAIN COCK
Wear goggles when opening air reservoir drain cock. Failure to do
so could cause serious eye injury from high pressure air.
1. Open drain cock to release air from reservoir.
2. Remove drain cock by turning it counterclockwise.
CLEANING AND INSPECTION OF DRAIN COCK
Cleaning solvent, used to clean parts, is potentially dangerous to
personnel and property. Do not use near open frame or excessive
heat. Flash point of solvent is 138F (58.8C).
2. Inspect for damage or-excessive wear.
3. Replace defective-drain cock.
INSTALLATION OF DRAIN COCK
1. Apply sealer tape (item 15, appendix E) to drain cock threads.
2. Take care not to damage drain cock during installation. Insert in position and secure by turning in a clockwise