TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
4-45. AIR SHIPMENT OF SEMITRAILER (cont)
UNLOADING PROCEDURE (cont)
6. Pull out curbside and roadside lifting eyes between the front and rear wheels.
7. Hang adapters on lifting eyes and secure them with safety bars, with flat surface of bars toward sides of
semitrailer. Make certain adapters are seated properly on the sidewalls.
Make certain aircraft loading jacks are perfectly straight.
If shifting occurs, stop
operation at once and reposition Jacks.
8. Position loading jacks and attach braces. At all times, make certain Jacks are perpendicular.
9. Using loading jacks, lift van body rear end (both sides at the same time) to a height permitting the installation of
the dolly from the rear. Make certain loading jacks do not deviate from the perpendicular. Should this occur, stop
the lifting operation, reposition Jacks and repeat the lifting operation.
10. Remove K-loader.
11. Insert dolly in position from the rear and lower rear end of van body.
12. Secure dolly with eight screws, washers, nuts and cotter pins (refer to appendix H for torque values).
13. Connect both air hoses and the 24-volt plug to the subbase.
14. Remove aircraft loading equipment and stow each item in its proper location in the stowage areas underneath the
15. Detach towing vehicle.
16. Remove the 30 tie down rings previously installed. Place them in bags and store in side storage compartments.