TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
4-45. AIR SHIPMENT OF SEMITRAILER (cont)
1. Place towing vehicle, semitrailer and K-loader on runway near aircraft. Apply brakes. Towing vehicle must remain
attached as long as loading jacks are in use.
2. Remove tie down rings from front left and right side storage compartments. Install all 30 tie down rings on van
Two persons are needed to remove adapters from storage area. Adapters are very
heavy. When retaining handle is removed, adapters drop down. Use caution to prevent
3. Remove aircraft loading equipment from the various storage areas underneath the semitrailer.
4. Reach in back of lifting eye, pull handle of lifting eye down and out and pull out curbside and roadside lifting eyes
located between front and rear wheels.
5. Hang adapters on lifting eyes and
secure them with safety bars, with flat
surface of bar towards side of
Make certain they are
seated properly on semitrailer walls.
Aircraft loading Jacks must be perpendicular at all times to prevent injury to personnel.
6. Position Jacks under adapters. Make certain Jacks are perpendicular. Remove brace attaching hardware and
jack handles from side storage compartment. Secure braces to jacks and to sides of semitrailer, using tiedown