TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
4-44. PREPARATION FOR STORAGE (cont)
CLEANING AND DRYING
1. Wash semitrailer.
2. Remove all dirt, grease and oil.
3. Dry thoroughly.
1. Lubricate semitrailer as required.
2. Lubricate accompanying tools and equipment to protect them against deterioration.
1. All critical unpainted areas must be protected during shipment.
2. Oil and grease covered in the lubrication instructions may be used.
3. Periodic visual inspections are necessary to discover signs of corrosion.
ARMY SHIPPING DOCUMENTS
Prepare all Army shipping documents accompanying the semitrailer in accordance with DA PAM 738-750.
4-45. AIR SHIPMENT OF SEMITRAILER
THIS TASK COVERS
b. Components of aircraft loading equipment
c. Location of aircraft loading equipment
d. Loading procedure
e. Unloading procedure
Test Equipment Required:
The aircraft loading equipment for the XM971E2 and XM971E3 semitrailers have been designed for the 40K-Loader to
load semitrailer in C130, C141 or C5 aircraft.