5. Check the transmitter for normal operation by attempting to communicate with
another nearby station.
a. If there is no output or if the output is low, then go to step 10.
b. If the output power is within acceptable limits, go to step 6.
6. Check the antenna tuning circuits located in the antenna matching unit by having
someone listen for the sound of relays operating when the frequency is changed.
a. If the sound of relays operating is not heard, manually tune the MX-6707 to
b. If the sound of relays operating is heard, then go to step 7.
7. Make sure the antenna elements are tightly screwed together by turning off the
Check that the antenna coax cable connectors are tight.
Inspect the coax cable for breaks or torn insulation.
If a defective cable is found, follow these procedures:
d e f e c t i v e cable in accordance with standard repair
( 1 ) Replace the
(2) Replace the defective cable with an acceptable replacement cable listed
(3) Repair the cable in accordance with the procedures in para. 11-30.
If a defective cable is not found, then follow the procedures indicated in step
10. Replace the radio with a known operational radio. Operate radio.
a . If communication has been restored, repair the radio in accordance with
standard maintenance procedures.
b. If the problem still exists, refer to the troubleshooting procedures in TM 11-
11-11. OBSERVABLE SYMPTOM: RADIO
DOES NOT WORK
IN "NEW SQUELCH "ON"
Detailed Assessment Steps
1. Verify that the distant station is transmitting with the squelch switch in the NEW
ON position by setting your squelch to NEW OFF and telling the distant station to place
his squelch in NEW ON.