If the pressure cap is stuck onto the
fuel press adaptor, refer to step (1)
below to remove the pressure cap.
(1) Remove six screws (1) and lift cover (2)
off of pressure cap. Lift backup (3) and
poppet assembly (4) off of fuel pressure
adaptor. Free ring (5) from lugs of fuel
pressure adaptor and remove. Discard
pressure cap parts.
(2) Unhook clip (6) from fuel press adaptor
(3) Remove pressure cap (8) from fuel
pressure adaptor (7) by pressing down
and rotating pressure cap counter
clockwise. Lift pressure cap off of fuel
b. Cleaning. Clean the pressure cap as instructed
c. Inspection. Inspect pressure cap for evidence
of wear or damage.
d. Repair. Repair is limited to replacement of the
(1) Install pressure cap (8) on fuel pressure
adaptor (7) by pressing down and rotating
clockwise until pressure cap locks in
(2) Hook clip (6) into hole in fuel pressure