h. REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT OF RIVETS.
1. From the 24P Repair Parts and Special Tools List, identify the size of the rivet
2. Select drill bit one size smaller in diameter than the rivet to be removed.
3. Position the drill bit on the center of the rivet head and drill down slightly below
the riveted surface.
4. Using a center punch, snap the rivet head off and punch the remaining rivet
material through the hole.
5. Select the proper replacement rivet and insert in the rivet clinching tool.
6. Place the rivet in the hole and maintain the rivet shaft perpendicular to the
material being riveted.
7. Apply a slow, even pressure on the clinching tool until the rivet is set.
8. Make sure rivet nuts or rivet is snug and not free to rotate.
CANVAS COVER and PANELS
This task covers:
d . Installation
b . Inspection