case and snap it securely in position.
of Hand Lantern Batteries
and Fluorescent Lamp Starters
T h e hand lantern requires four Batteries
a. Fluorescent Lamp.
BA-30 which are not supplied with the
Pull gently to remove the light shield
l a n t e r n . A spare bulb is stored inside the re-
from the fluorescent light fixture.
R o t a t e the lamp in its sockets one-
a. Replacing Batteries.
q u a r t e r turn and remove it from the
(1) Pull the latch forward and raise the
battery case cover.
Remove the spare lamp from its
(2) Insert four batteries in the case with
s t o r a g e brackets (fig. 16).
the center brass caps up.
Align the lamp with the slots in the
( 3 ) Snap the battery case cover shut.
b. Replacing Bulb.
Press in and rotate the lamp
(1) P r e s s the button on the bottom of
one-quarter turn to seat the pins
the reflector case and lift out the re-
Replace the light shield on the fluo-
(2) Unscrew the brass cap at the rear of
r e s c e n t light fixture.
t h e bulb and remove the bulb and
b. Fluorescent Lamp Starter.
(3) R e m o v e the spare bulb from the in-
(1) Remove the light shield and lamp
(a(1) and (2) above) to expose
s i d e of the reflector case. Insert the
t h e starter.
b u l b and spring in the reflector and
( 2 ) Press in and twist the starter one-
t i g h t e n the brass cap.
q u a r t e r t u r n c o u n t e r - c l o c k w i s e and
(4) R e p l a c e the reflector in the reflector