(12) With the aid of an assistant, remove nuts, ensuring spare wheel remains upright and does not fall over.
(13) With the aid of an assistant, remove spare wheel and tire from carrier, and move it to position adjacent to wheel
If spare wheel does fall over, use chain from BII and backhoe to lift it to upright position.
(14) With the aid of an assistant, rest spare wheel against IHMEE, ensuring it does not fall over.
(15) With the aid of an assistant, remove wheel nuts at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock positions, and walk wheel off hub. Roll
wheel to position under backhoe bucket and lay it on ground with outside facing up.
Before releasing parking brake, chock wheels to keep vehicle from rolling. Failure to do so may result
in serious injury or death to personnel.
(16) Ensure wheels are chocked.
Cleanliness of the mating face between hub and inside wheel face is critical to wheel security. If dirt
enters mating surface between hub and wheel, there is a danger that wheel nuts will work loose.
Failure to comply may result in damage to vehicle.
(18) Clean mating face of hub and inside mating face of wheel with wiping rag. Ensure area is free from dirt and rust.
(19) With the aid of an assistant, position wheel against hub. Adjust height of jack to allow wheel to locate on hub.
Install one wheel nut and walk wheel onto hub. Install all remaining wheel nuts.