(8) For long term emplacement, coat threads
of closing plug assembly with silicone
(3) Assure that cotter pin of the fuze pull ring
grease G-697 or equivalent.
assembly and the fuze closure assembly
(9) Turn mine bottom down.
(10) With wrench M26, and using shipping
(4) Turn mine bottom up and, with
plug end, remove shipping plug assembly
from fuze hole cavity of mine.
(11) Inspect for foreign material. If present,
by turning counterclockwise.
remove from hole.
(5) Inspect booster cavity for foreign material.
(12) For long term emplacement, coat charge
Remove, if present.
gap fuze threads with silicone grease G-
(6) Insert booster M120, washer side toward
697 or equivalent.
fuze, into booster cavity.
(13) With closure end of wrench M26, remove
(7) With wrench M26, replace closing plug
closure assembly from fuze M607 (fig. 2-
assembly by turning clockwise until tight.
55). Gasket on bottom of fuze should
Gasket of closing plug assembly should
remain in place.
be against the booster.