Marking of Packaging Material
(1) Always repack mines in serviceable pack-
a. Markings on Outer Box. The following informa-
tion must be legible on each box:
(2) Select packaging components from those
for similar mine items.
MINE, APERS, M16:
Use filler pads, as required, for a tight pack.
(4) Remark package, as necessary, to assure
National Stock Number
Date of Manufacture
4 (Usually precedes
(1) Place item in container so that it is firmly
seated in filler materials.
(2) Cover any sensitive parts, such as primers,
Place top on container.
Ends of box will have DODIC and Lot Number.
(4) Seal with plastic filament tape or black
b. Markings on Inner Container. The following
nylon tape by wrapping joint in a double layer and
information must be legible on each inner container:
folding edges over top.
Vapor Barrier Bag.
MINE, APERS, M16:
(1) Place protective materials around sensitive
parts (primer, etc.) of item.
Place the item(s) into paperboard box.
Close paperboard box and seal with tape.
Insert box in barrier bag.
(5) Exhaust air from bag, fold edges over, and
(1) Carefully observe information and location
seal with tape.
of markings on packaging of like item.
Wood Box With Hasp and Hinge.
(2) Using waterproof ink marker, china mark-
ing pencil, or small brush and paint, restore markings
(1) Place inner pack(s) in box. Position items
which are faded, obliterated during cleaning, or
to balance load for carrying.
(2) Use filler material or empty inner contain-
Check markings for accuracy and allow to
ers when box is not full. Place padding on top of
(4) Repack mines following procedures in
Close box top.
Rotate hasp catch to latch position.
Packing Materials, Accessories, and Tools,
(1) Position inner pack(s) on bottom of box.
Position items to balance load for carrying.