(11) Using banding crimper, crimp clip in two
(2) Place box ends in position with enough
filler material to make a tight pack.
(12) Release locking pawl on stretcher and slide
Raise box front into position and hold.
Raise box back into position and hold.
(13) Cut off excess strapping.
(5) Close top, being careful to fit wire loops on
(14) Repeat steps (7) through (13), above, for
top over wire loops on front.
(6) Bend wire loops flat against box using a
Painting and Marking of Boxes with
(1) Arrange boxes, etc., on pallet in the same
configuration as the original load, if possible. For
M15 AT Mines orient boxes on their sides to prevent
Organizations will apply this procedure only
water from collecting in the bottom secondary fuze
when boxes with less than full contents are to be
well. Distribute load for balance.
returned to storage area or transported to new
location. When painting of boxes is required,
Place separators between rows.
remarking (except quantity) may be avoided by
applying masking tape in markings prior to
Place top in position.
(4) Cut 1-1/4 inch banding pieces about 2 feet
longer than pallet girth.
Boxes with less than full contents will be painted
Position straps under part of pallet bottom.
orange, as follows:
(6) Position wood strips under straps to protect
a. Check contents with markings on box to verify
that nomenclature and lot number are correct.
(7) Insert one strap end from rear into strap
b. Make diagram of markings on box and record all
stretcher so that strap is held firmly by stretcher and
markings except quantity figure.
about 4 to 6 inches of strap protrudes.
c. Apply orange enamel to all outer surfaces of box.
Place clip over strap end.
If enamel is not available, use orange lacquer.
(9) Thread loose end of that strap through clip
d. When box is dry, remark box with correct mark-
and into stretcher head.
ings (paragraph b, above).
(10) Tighten strap by repeated movement of
e. Count quantity of items in box and mark number
ratches lever until edges begin to cut into wood.
on box in the same position as the original quantity
f. Mark the words BOX" on each side of box,
using approximately the same letters as original