(e) Trim ends of tubing to get a smooth,
square cut. Slide tubing nut onto the end of tube, install
compression sleeve over end of tube, and install tubing
insert. Connect tubing to adapter fitting and tighten
tubing nut securely. Repeat procedure on other end of
(f) Secure tubing with straps where needed.
e. Control Tubing Fittings. Use antiseize tape
(item 28, Appendix E) on all male threads. Take care not
to let any of the tape get into the system.
4-93. Precheck and/or Load/Unload Valve
(1) Remove the screw holding the handle to the
(2) Remove handle.
(3) Loosen and remove the nut and washer
securing valve to control panel plate.
(4) Remove valve from rear of plate.
(5) Tag and disconnect the two nylon tubes from
the elbows at the valve.
(6) Remove two elbows from valve.
(1) Tag and disconnect the two nylon tubes from
(1) If new valve is being installed, remove handle,
the tube elbows by unscrewing tube nuts.
nut, and washer.
(2) Loosen and remove the top nut from valve.
(2) Replace elbows in valve by turning elbows
(3) Remove valve from bracket.
until tight. Elbows must be positioned to the rear of valve.
(4) Remove two tube elbows from valve body.
(3) Connect the two nylon tubes to the elbows.
Be sure notch in threaded portion of valve is facing down.
(4) Position valve through hole in panel.
(1) Replace tube elbows onto valve.
(5) Replace washer and nut to secure valve to
(2) Position valve in bracket and secure with top
(3) Insert the two nylon tubes into the two tube
Replace handle on valve stem and secure with
elbows. Screw tube nuts onto elbow securely.