using cleaning solvent, immediatety get fresh
air and medical help. If solvent contacts eyes,
immediately wash your eyes with water and
get medical aid.
(1) Clean oil bypass valve (3), spring (2), and plug
Wipe dry using a clean, lint-free cloth (item 24, Appen-
(2) Flush oil port clean using clean diesel fuel
Particles blown by compressed air can be
dangerous. Be certain to direct air stream
away from the user and other personnel In the
(3) Air dry oil bypass valve port, using clean,
filtered, compressed air under moderate pressure of
approximately 15 psi.
Use care when unscrewing recessed plug in
rear bearing plate. Tension on the bypass
spring may cause it to fly out.
(1) Unscrew recessed plug (1) in rear bearing
(2) Lift out bypass spring (2) and valve plunger
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and
flammable. Always wear protective goggles
(4) Soak all metal parts in a clean container
and gloves, and use Only in a well-ventilated
area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
dry using a clean, lint-free cloth (item 24, Appendix E)
clothes, and DO NOT breathe vapors. DO
and clean filtered air as in step (3) above.
NOT use near open flame or excessive heat.
(5) Coat all components with oil prior to
The solvent's flash point is 100F-138F
(38C-59C). If you become dizzy while