Cleaning and Inspection.
Particles blown by compressed ah' can be
dangerous. Be sure to direct air stream away
from-the user and other personnel in the area.
(1) Use low pressure, moisture-free compressed
air to remove dust and residue.
(2) Carefully inspect all parts for wear, cracks,
breakage, or other defects.
(3) Rotate bearings by hand and check for
binding or wear.
(1) If slip ring end bearing (13, fig. 7-64) has been
removed, press a new bearing in place from the outside of
the slip ring end housing (31). Bearing should be installed
with seal facing in toward the slip rings. When properly
installed, the manufacturer's part number stamped on the
end of the bearing will be facing toward the outside of the
housing. Bearing should seat against lip on inside end of
bearing bore. After bearing is installed, apply a small
amount of SRI 2 grease to rollers.
(2) Install insulating bushings (27, 28,29, and 30,