ARMY TM 9-2805-259-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-89-54
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-615-14E
5-17. Cylinder Head Assembly.
This task covers:
Gasket, Intake Manifold to Cylinder Head
Wrench, Torque (NSN 5120-00-853-4538)
Wrench, Torque (NSN 5120-00-640-6364)
This engine is equipped with four cylinder head assemblies. The following maintenance
procedures are the same for all cylinder head assemblies.
a. Removal. (figure 5-11)
Older engine models have a spring located under rocker shaft. Remove and discard the
spring, and replace it with retainer plate. Refer to TM 5-2805-259-24P.
(1) Remove two nuts (1) and remove rocker assembly (2) and sleeve bushings (3).
(2) Remove two spring clamps (4) and retainer plate (5).
(3) Remove pushrods (6), pushrod housings (7), and preformed packings (8).
(4) Remove two assembled screws and washers (9) securing intake manifold (10) and gasket (11) to
cylinder head (12).
(5) Disconnect rocker box hose (13) from cylinder head (12).
(6) Remove rubber access plug (14).
(7) Remove four nuts (15) and washers (16) and remove cylinder head (12).