TM 9-3405-206-14 & P
9. Turn the grinding switch on and grind off the flash around weld. Use light
grinding pressure only to avoid stalling the grinding motor or causing a thin spot
which would weaken the blade at the weld. Hold the blade slightly curved, as
shown in Fig. 5 to avoid grinding other than where the flash is found in the weld.
11. Jaw plates should be kept clean. Wipe flash from jaws after every weld as
accumulations will destroy alignment. Never file jaw plates.
REPLACEMENT OF GRINDING WHEEL
1. Use only vitrified silicate bonded aluminum oxide
2. Remove grinding wheel, guard, and arbor nut.
3. Remove grinding wheel and install new one.
4. Reassemble arbor nut and guard.